Work with Us
Vacancy Announcement – Feb 2020
Job Title: Project Officer
Reports to: Program Manager
Duty station: Kampala
Duration: One-year renewable based on performance and availability of funds
- Coordinate implementation of all project interventions in line with CEWIGO policies and donor requirements.
- Carrying out program beneficiary screening in order to accurately identify eligible project beneficiaries.
- Ensure that relevant team members understand their respective roles and make positive contributions to achieve the planned project results.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to implementation schedules and project results at all levels.
- Conduct beneficiary capacity needs assessment and lead technical support for empowerment to ensure effective impact.
- Ensure proper tracking of resources and project results through periodic budget reviews and follow-ups.
- Coordinate logistical and administrative components of the project.
- Ensure effective project documentation as per CEWIGO’s reporting guidelines and donor requirements.
- Identify unmet community perspectives and emerging issues and integrate them in funding proposals.
- Execute any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or Executive Director
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences or in a related field
- A minimum of 2 years Community Project Management work experience
- Additional Post Graduate relevant experience will be an added advantage
- Proven experience working with Local Governments and communities
- Strong aptitude using MS Office packages (Excel, Word &PowerPoint)
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local communities and other partners.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: To apply, please follow these instructions otherwise your application will NOT be considered: Email a cover letter, CV and scanned copies of academic documents only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on 12th, February 2020.
The subject line of the email should be CEWIGO Project Officer